A Child's Own Book of Verse, Book Three
A Child's Own Book of Verse, is a three-volume set planned for use during the early primary years. This unusually fine collection of poetry was selected with the child's interests in mind. Includes sound rhymes and jingles to appeal to the ear, descriptive poems to create images in the mind's eye, lullabies and lyrics to warm the heart, and story-telling poems to stir the imagination. Attractively illustrated by Maud and Miska Petersham.
The publisher, Yesterday's Classics, has been carefully selecting for republication the best of the children's books first published a century ago when a Christian worldview and high standards of literary excellence were the norm. Only books that
- incorporate text of high literary quality,
- use story to engage the reader,
- cultivate the moral imagination,
- awaken an interest in the out of doors,
- furnish heroes worthy of emulation, and
- stimulate powers of observation
meet their standards for selection.
130 pp., Soft cover, illustrated