Birds' Christmas Carol, The
Heartwarming story of the life of Carol Bird, who, though sickly herself, brings sunshine to all those around her, including the nine Ruggles children, whom she invites to a special Christmas dinner and celebration. Classic holiday book first published in 1887 and beloved by generations of children. Attractive color illustrations enliven the text.
The publisher, Yesterday's Classics, has been carefully selecting for republication the best of the children's books first published a century ago when a Christian worldview and high standards of literary excellence were the norm. Only books that
- incorporate text of high literary quality,
- use story to engage the reader,
- cultivate the moral imagination,
- awaken an interest in the out of doors,
- furnish heroes worthy of emulation, and
- stimulate powers of observation
meet their standards for selection.
63 pp., Soft cover, illustrated