Loreto and the Holy House
This definitive study of the history of the Holy House of Loreto is the most decisive work in the English language defending the authenticity of this most hallowed shrine in all Christendom. Lifted from its foundation by invisible hands, our Lady's holy house at Nazareth was transported by angels to Dalmatia (Croatia) in 1291 to prevent its desecration by the Mohammedans. Three years later it took flight again coming to rest in Loreto, Italy, where it has stood until this day, encompassed and protected for the last six centuries within a magnificent basilica.
Hic Verbum Caro Factum Est Et Habitavit In Nobis reads the inscription etched in gold above the chapel altar ... "Here the Word was Made Flesh and Dwelt Among Us."
Author, Rev. G. E. Phillips provides all the facts and all the excitement behind the story. Countless cures and miraculous conversions have happened within the limestone walls of the Santa Casa. Saints have made pilgrimage to the Holy House throughout the centuries.
151 pp., soft cover