Mother Love: A Manual for Christian Mothers
"What on God's good earth is more glorious than this; to be a mother?"
With these words, Cardinal Mindzenty, summed up the glories of maternity, ordered toward the creation of new saints for the kingdom of God. And yet, the life of the mother is not an easy one. Between helping her husband, caring for her children, trips to school, the doctor, the grocery store, not to mention housework, cooking, and more, the life of a mother can lose it's proper focus: the glory of God. Add to this an increasingly hostile modern world who thinks little of mothers and offers little help and support and the situation is overwhelming.
To help Catholic mothers sanctify themselves in their state in life, and through that, to sanctify their homes as well, Angelus Press has printed the original, unadulterated version of Mother Love, a complete prayer and devotional book, just for moms!
Originally written in the late 1800s by a priest of the Capuchin order, this "manual for Christian mothers" contains:
- Morning and Evening Prayers for Mothers
- Devotions for the Holy Rosary
- Points of Doctrine a Christian Mother Should Teach to Her Children
- Prayers at Mass
- The "Ten Commandments" of Christian Education
- Devotions for Confession, and Communion
- Devotions for the Poor Souls, and for the Way of the Cross
- Prayers for the Various Special Necessities of a Christian Mother
- Prayers to Some of the Special Patrons of Christian Mothers
- Indulgenced Prayers
- A short book of instructions for Christian Mothers on the Christian Training of Children
Purchase this book for yourself, or for the Catholic mothers you know. It contains almost everything a mother needs to nurture and grow her spiritual life, so that through their sanctification they may sanctify their husbands and children, and truly become the heart of the Catholic home.
370 pp, soft imitation leather cover, gold edges, ribbon marker