Our Little Norman Cousin of Long Ago
A story of Normandy in the time of William the Conqueror, giving a vivid picture of manners and customs through the eyes of two boys of the court. Describes castle life, dress, amusements, training for knighthood, and other aspects of feudal life. Also relates stories of William's early days, as well as tales of his Northmen forefathers, Duke Robert the Magnificent, Little Duke Richard, and Rolf the Ganger.
The publisher, Yesterday's Classics, has been carefully selecting for republication the best of the children's books first published a century ago when a Christian worldview and high standards of literary excellence were the norm. Only books that
- incorporate text of high literary quality,
- use story to engage the reader,
- cultivate the moral imagination,
- awaken an interest in the out of doors,
- furnish heroes worthy of emulation, and
- stimulate powers of observation
meet their standards for selection.
97 pp., Soft cover, illustrated