Christmas in Legend and Story
An exceptional collection of Christmas stories, legends, and poems, that have distinct literary merit, a spirit of reverence, and an appeal for children. Chosen from a wide variety of sources by a pair of children's librarians, the stories represent the work of many writers. The selections are arranged chronologically, beginning with the birth of the Christ Child.
The publisher, Yesterday's Classics, has been carefully selecting for republication the best of the children's books first published a century ago when a Christian worldview and high standards of literary excellence were the norm. Only books that
- incorporate text of high literary quality,
- use story to engage the reader,
- cultivate the moral imagination,
- awaken an interest in the out of doors,
- furnish heroes worthy of emulation, and
- stimulate powers of observation
meet their standards for selection.
227 pp., Soft cover, illustrated